Sunday, June 14, 2009

Recession Proof Tips For Growing Your Business and Sales Fast

By Larry Benet

As most people wait for the sky to fall and listen to the doom and gloom that is in the news we just had our best week in the past year, and I have several of my friends whose businesses are actually up despite this crazy economy.

I won't kid you the past year has been tough, I have faced my fair share of challenges. I refuse to participate in this recession, how about you? I hope you decide not to participate in it either.

Here are 10 tips that can help you take your business to the next level, and help you recession proof your income. Connect with me and let me know what you think.

1. Change your thinking and you can change your life

I used to be a some what negative person, but the moment I made a decision to focus on expecting positive things and being a ball of energy that is contagious amazing things started to happen in my life.

As I write this I am on the plane.

2. Don't read the news, and turn off the TV

3. Change your environment

4. Get an accountability partner

But have some consequences built in if you don't follow thru on the task you have committed to. If you say you are supposed to make 10 new sales call a day, and you don't do it, what are the consequences. If you say you are going to work out 4 times a week, and have a date night once a week with your significant other, what are the consequences.

When I miss a call with my accountability call with my partner, I pay 50 dollars to him or his favorite charity.

5. Get a mentor

I used to try to figure out things on my own, thinking that was the cheaper way to go, because perhaps I couldn't afford the higher priced coaching. Well it took forever, and half the time, I didn't get the results I wanted.

You are paying for not having a mentor, whether you like it or not. What is the one area in your business or in your life that you are not getting the results you want, or it is taking longer then you would like to reach that goal. Today, I just get on the phone with one of my mentors. When I have a problem and I feel stuck and next thing you know in a matter of minutes, problem is solved.

I had a complex problem that came up 2 days before my seminar, and my mentor solved the problem in 3 minutes flat. I had tears of joy after that conversation.

6. Create your own Board of Advisors

Create your own board of advisors or build your own Power of 6 as my good friend and business colleague Dave Stech likes to talk about.

7. Call your clients

Find out how they are doing, what they need, and how else you can serve them.

8. Call your top prospects

When the economy gets tough, and the news is really bad, people get paralyzed from fear. They stress out about their business, their money, they think the worst is going to happen to them. Be the beacon of light they need to get them thru this tough time, give them ideas that can help them not only survive but thrive in this economy.

9. Raise your expectations and your standards of yourself

Some examples of that for me include getting a personal assistant to manage my personal affairs not my business affairs. Getting an assistant that travels with me at all times, which is different then my assistant who is back in Atlanta handling our day to day business affairs.

10. Building deeper relationships with more influential people

What is your best idea for winning big in this crazy economy?

No comments: