Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Breaking Bad" Entrepreneurialism - Bad Business Model

I am a Breaking Bad (AMC, Sunday nights) addict. The lengths people will go to in order to earn the big payday. The risks taken in order to make the big haul.

It's a terribly bad business model because not only is it highly illegal, the characters are working for somebody else making batches of Heisenberg blue meth.

They have lost control and fear for their very lives. I always come away from each episode feeling relieved I've never ever had a shred of a thought about trying to make it big doing something so over the edge and morally bankrupt.

Oh, I've had my moments of trying to make money online in the early days of the Internet. I most definitely got involved in a few shady businesses here and there because I was naive.

They never paid off, I lost money, and it taught me well that you can't make money doing nothing, or almost nothing. When it sounds too good to be true, count on the outcome: it simply IS too good to be true.

Run as fast as you can in the other direction for something tried and true and honest as the day is long. Legal and legitimate businesses are all over the landscape for you to consider. That's the only direction for success.

That's your only hope of having success online running or being involved in your own home business. Don't let the dream die, mind you, but be good and sure you won't have to spend much, if anything, to be involved.

Then, your biggest investment, by far, is your time. If you can afford to while away many hours pursuing something you love, you'll at least come out ahead in "satisfaction from proaction."

Breaking Bad is a tremendous show in my opinion. But, this guy will only be breaking good, of that you can be certain.

By : Grant_Gerver

No comments: